Working For Our Future
County Legislator Ben Boykin is an experienced leader with an outstanding record of working hard to enhance our quality of life.
Ben is working for our future to:
Insist on transparency in the County’s budget process and to adopt fiscally responsible budget – Ben wants County government to be more transparent, accessible and responsive to the needs of our citizens.
Hold down property taxes – Ben’s record is one of leading efforts to reduce spending through cost controls, consolidations and efficiency improvements to keep property taxes low while continuing to maintain and deliver high quality services to residents.
Protect the most vulnerable, including seniors, our youth and the sick; Preserve affordable child care for the working poor – The County budget must provide appropriate funding for the safety net and vital programs for our residents who need some assistance.
Protect a woman’s right to reproductive health care – Ben will work to ensure that women have access to reproductive health care including information and affordable health services.
Provide funds for safety and security – Ben supports appropriate funding for our first responders to protect our residents. The best training and most advanced equipment must be available to our first responders to prepare them to address any situation.
Create jobs and improve our economy – Ben was instrumental in the $1.2 billion reinvestment and redevelopment of downtown White Plains. Ben understands that the economic future for Westchester County is dependent upon balanced investment and attracting and retaining businesses that create jobs while protecting our environment.
Protect the environment using sustainable initiatives – Ben has a record of supporting initiatives to reduce carbon emissions, add green technology in development projects and purchase vehicles that use alternative energy sources.
Work with municipalities to solve flooding, infrastructure and transportation issues – Ben believes that all levels of government must work together to address issues such as unfunded mandates that increase our local property tax burden. All governmental entities, working together, must solve flooding issues, infrastructure projects, transportation issues and the isssues relating to the changing demographics in our County.
Ben is a business owner with nearly thirty years of governmental and educational service.
- County Legislator (2014-Present)
- Appointments Committee Chair
- Member of Budget & Appropriations, Economic Development & Capital Projects, Legislation, Public Safety & Security, and Seniors & Constituencies Committees
- White Plains Common Council Member (2000-2013)
- White Plains Common Council President (April 2011-Dec 2011, 2008-2009 & 2002-2003)
- Chairman, Shared Services Committee (2010-2013)
- Chairman, White Plains Youth Board (2011-2013)
- Former Chairman & Member, Budget & Management Advisory Committee
- Vice President, White Plains School Board (1998-1999)
- Member, White Plains School Board (1992-1999)
- Board of Directors, White Plains Outdoor Arts Festival
- Board of Directors, Meals-On-Wheels of White Plains
- Past Treasurer, Lois Bronz Child Development Center
- Member, Union Baptist Church
- Member, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity
- Certified Public Accountant
- President, Ben Boykin & Associates
- Retired Assistant Treasurer, Nabisco, Inc.
- Former Trustee, Bennett College
- MBA with Honors, Kellogg Business School
- B. S. in Accounting, University of North Carolina, Phi Beta Kappa