Working For You
County Legislator Ben Boykin is an experienced leader with an outstanding record of working hard to enhance our quality of life.
Ben is working for you:
Providing funds for safety and security – Ben supports appropriate funding for our first responders to protect our residents. The best training and most advanced equipment must be available to our first responders to prepare them to address any situation.
Creating jobs and improving our economy – Ben understands that the economic future for Westchester County is dependent upon balanced investment and attracting and retaining businesses, both large and small, that create jobs while protecting our environment. Approved capital projects must be implemented that will provide good paying jobs for our working families.
Protecting our most vulnerable citizens – The County budget must provide appropriate funding for the safety net and vital programs for our residents who need some assistance including our seniors, youth and the sick.
Protecting a woman’s right to reproductive health care – Ben will continue to fight to ensure that women have access to reproductive health care including information and affordable health services.
Solving flooding and infrastructure issues – Ben believes that all levels of government must work together to address issues such as unfunded mandates that increase our local property tax burden. All governmental entities, working together, must solve flooding issues, infrastructure projects, transportation issues and the isssues relating to the changing demographics in our County.
Investing in our infrastructure – Capital investments must be made in Westchester County's ageing infrastructure. Our roads, bridges, technology, rolling stock and facilities must be maintained and upgraded to serve our residents and visitors while preparing us for a changing competitive enviroment.
Protecting the environment using sustainable initiatives – Ben has a record of supporting initiatives to reduce carbon emissions, add green technology in development projects and purchase vehicles that use alternative energy sources.
Ben is a business owner with nearly 30 years of governmental and educational service.
Working for you in Westchester County:
- County Legislator (2014-Present)
- Public Safety & Social Services Chair
- Member of Appointments, Budget & Appropriations, Environment & Health, Infrastructure, and Legislation Committees
- White Plains Common Council Member (2000-2013)
- White Plains Common Council President (April 2011-Dec 2011, 2008-2009 & 2002-2003)
- Chairman, White Plains Shared Services Committee (2010-2013)
- Chairman, White Plains Youth Board (2011-2013)
- Former Chairman & Member, Budget & Management Advisory Committee
- Vice President, White Plains School Board (1998-1999)
- Member, White Plains School Board (1992-1999)
- Member, White Plains Outdoor Arts Festival
- Board of Directors, Meals-On-Wheels of White Plains
- Past Treasurer, Lois Bronz Child Development Center
- Member, Union Baptist Church
- Member, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity
- Certified Public Accountant
- President, Ben Boykin & Associates
- Retired Assistant Treasurer, Nabisco, Inc.
- Former Trustee, Bennett College
- MBA with Honors, Kellogg Business School
- B. S. in Accounting, University of North Carolina, Phi Beta Kappa